Lentil, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup
Warm up with this tasty soup, using Kallo’s Organic Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- 1 litre Kallo Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 250g puy lentils, rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 4 large kale leaves, ribs removed, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to season
How To Make
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon. Sauté over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrot and tomato purée and stir to combine.
- Add the lentils and stock and bring to a rolling boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale, cover the pot and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Break up the sweet potatoes using the back of a wooden spoon. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a pinch of dried chilli flakes.