Lucuma is a tropical fruit native to South America. Its caramel flavour means it is often used in juices, milks, ice creams and as a sweetener, and also a base ingredient for many native dishes. Lucuma is a good source of iron, potassium and zinc.
- Maintains nervous system health
- Maintains normal muscle function
- Maintains normal blood pressure
- Contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism
- Aids in the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to red blood cell and haemoglobin formation and the transport of oxygen around the body
- Contributes to normal immune system function
- Helps maintain normal cognitive function
- Metabolism of macronutrient, fatty acids and vitamin A
- DNA and protein synthesis
- Maintenance of normal bones, nails, hair and skin
- Prevention of cell damage by oxidative stress
- Functioning of the immune system
- Contributes to normal fertility and reproduction
Risks and Side EffectsThere are no noted health risks or side effects
UsesLucuma should be consumed as part of a balanced diet
Lucuma can be used in drinks, smoothies, baking and as a sweetener
Lucuma products we have available can be found here.
Recipes using lucuma can be found here.
Photo: My New Roots