Lemons are abundant in vitamin C and antioxidants, and in the past have been used to prevent and treat scurvy. Lemon juice has also been used to treat cold and flu and can also be used on insect bites and burns as an anti-inflammatory. Not having enough citrate in the urine can lead to an increase risk of developing kidney stones, and as lemons are a good source of citrate, they can help to lower this risk. As lemons are rich in antioxidants they protect the skin and other cells against damage caused by oxidative stress.
The essential oil from lemon can be added to diffusers and is an energizer.
Nutritional BenefitsVitamin C
- Prevents cells from oxidative stress and damage to cells.
- Aids in the absorption of iron in the body
- Aids in the utilisation of iron
- Maintains nervous system health
- Maintains normal muscle function
- Maintains normal blood pressure
Risks and Side Effects
There are no noted risks or side effects associated with lemons.
Lemon juice and zest can be added to foods and juices and used for baking. Lemon oil is an essential oil and can be used in air diffusers.
Lemon products we have available can be found here.