Hemp is a versatile plant that can be used for clothing, fuel and as a food. Hemp is a good alternative protein source for Vegans as it contains all eight of the essential amino acids that cannot be made in the body. Hemp also provides a good source of omega-3 fatty acids that can help to lower LDL cholesterol (‘bad’ cholesterol) levels in the blood. It is also a good source of vitamin E, magnesium and calcium.
- Help to lower the levels of LDL cholesterol
- Helps to maintain heart health and lowers risk of heart disease
- Prevention of cell damage by oxidative stress
- Helps strengthen immune system
- Maintains healthy skin and hair
- Contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism
- Helps to maintain normal muscle function
- Contributes to protein synthesis and cell division
- Maintains normal hormonal health
- Contributes to normal muscle function
- Maintains strong teeth and bones
- Contributes to normal blood clotting
Risks and Side EffectsNo noted risks or side effects
UsesHemp should be consumed as part of a balanced diet.
Hemp can be used in smoothies and baking.
Hemp products we have available can be found here.
Recipes using hemp can be found here.
Photo: Oh My Veggies