Green Grasshopper Smoothie
This smoothie is packed full of vitamins and other nutrients. It's refreshing and the mint gives a boost of energy making it the perfect midday pick me up, and to top it all off it tastes great!
- 1 cup lettuce or spinach leaves
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- peppermint extract to taste
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp barley grass powder
- cacao nibs (optional)
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and top with cacao nibs.
This recipe was first posted by Kylie on The Baking Bird and can be found here.
- Superfood Market