A Sparkling Bonfire Night Gluten Free Treat! 0
When you are living with a food intolerance to gluten, you can feel like you miss out on some little treats that you used to enjoy! Around this time of year Parkin will be sorely missed as it just screams bonfire night!
Well fear not! If you are living life Gluten Free, we have found the perfect recipe. We have tried and tested this Parkin (yes, we know, our job is a very difficult one!) but unfortunately, we cannot take credit for this amazing creation. Full details on where to find it are at the bottom of this post!
- 110g Margarine
- 170g Black Treacle
- 80g Golden Syrup
- 110ml Milk
- 140g Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 55g Rice Flour
- 25g Tapioca Flour
- 55g Caster Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 Teaspoons Mixed Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger (optional)
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 2 Medium Eggs, beaten.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Line an 18cm (7 in) square cake tin with parchment.
- Melt the first three ingredients in a saucepan. Add the milk, stir well and allow to cool.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, so that the spices are well blended with the flours. Add the beaten eggs and the treacle mixture and beat well so you have a very smooth cake mixture. The mixture must be the consistency of very thick cream.
- Pour the mix into the prepared baking pan and smooth out to the edges so that it is nice and even.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Transfer to a wire rack and remove the parchment. Cut into squares when cold.
- Freeze now if you are going to or leave to mature in an airtight tin for about three to five days. This cake keeps for about 10 days.
Thank you All Recipes for this treat
Let us know how you get on!